JOB TITLE: PROJECT MANAGER
REPORTS TO: PROJECT MANAGER SUPERVISOR
The Project Manager (PM) is accountable for the execution of the project schedule, the financial performance of the project and for maintaining an accurate scope of work (SOW). The PM supports all aspects of the project from receipt of order through site acceptance. The PM ensures effective communication channels are maintained throughout the length of the project with all Stakeholders. The PM will recognize and communicate resource requirements and project deliverables to ensure the project meets customer expectations, and the internal goals of Lanco. The PM has the technical capability and capacity to understand the customer’s product and the Lanco Integrated solution for assembly and product testing.
The Project Manager’s responsibilities begin upon the receipt of order and conclude with a successful Site Acceptance Test (SAT). The PM keeps a project visible to all appropriate Stakeholders to support the objective of delivering a project on time and on budget. In addition, the PM serves as a resource for the customer beyond project closure.
- Act as the primary point of contact for the customer within Lanco Integrated for the duration of the project.
- Establish a clear understanding of all contract documents (quote, customer technical specification, user requirement specification, component and assembly prints etc.) confirm with the customer and communicate the SOW to the project team.
- Technical Confirmation that the project design/build meets the contracted SOW. Identify areas of the SOW that may need to be modified. Work with Stakeholders to modify the SOW as appropriate, adjust the cost structure and delivery of the project where required due to change in scope.
- Communicate project information with Stakeholders at regular intervals.
- Ensure internal Stakeholders have visibility of the project labor and material budget.
- Coordinate project requirements and milestones with Operations, Purchasing, Finance, Engineering, Concepting and Sales throughout the duration of the project.
- Work with management to gather all appropriate and necessary resources to resolve design and or manufacturing issues with the intent of maintaining schedule and budget.
- Identify risk and escalate issues to drive resolution of actionable items.
- Establish a clear understanding of customer requirements with respect to Quality Metrics.
- Document customer requests for changes or modifications to the Scope of Work for review by Stakeholders for change order purposes and future projects.
- Schedule and direct the Project Kickoff meeting
- Identify and document perceived areas of risk to the project.
- Ensure all customer supplied documentation (part prints, models, etc) are current and received on time.
- Identify, document and communicate any non standard process steps necessary for the successful delivery of the program.
- Identify high cost and/or long lead items and work with purchasing and finance to ensure timelines and budgets are maintained.
- Review project schedule as created by the Chief Operating Officer and ensure milestones are in accordance with contractual obligations.
- Work to mitigate risk to machine processes and technical requirements.
- Maintain a Project Action Item List that documents issues, assigns responsible parties and defines timelines for execution and issue resolution.
- Schedule weekly status update meeting with project Stakeholders.
- Organize and facilitate the Post FAT Machine Review.
- Understand and document the root cause for any overruns on materials and labor estimates
- Schedule meetings with internal Stakeholders to review overruns and assess ability to gain additional funding and or time extensions from customers.
- Coordinate and set agendas for customer visits.
- Coordinate customer parts for the acceptance run at Lanco.
- Coordinate the acceptance run at Lanco and at the customer site.
Lanco provides a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental and disability insurance, as well as 401K and reimbursement for education.
Lanco is a 100% employee owned (ESOP). Employees are provided unit rights in the ESOP as a result of compliance to ESOP plan requirements.
Bachelors degree required
Located in the Westbrook Col Industrial park