University of Southern Maine Professional Development Programs
University of Southern Maine has multiple development programs offered locally as well as several certification programs.
All University of Southern Maine courses are facilitated by local business professionals.
Certificate Program Includes:
- Introduction to the Practice of Project Management
- Effective Project Management
- Implementing Project Management
- Agile Coaching and Leadership
- Lean Six Sigma Certification (Green and Black)
- Elective courses to satisfy PDU requirements
Click here for a complete description of the Project Management Certificate.
USM also offers:
- Self-paced online Project Management courses that can be taken anywhere on any device.
- Many other Professional Development Courses
Innovation Partners International & Mainstream Partners
PM Training Programs
Project Management Leadership… 35 training hours over 5 days
This program teachesPM best practices and provides a practical working knowledgeof the PM profession, and is aligned with the
Project Management Institute’s latest“PM Body of Knowledge”. Students take a case study through a multi-phase planning process
including both Traditional and Agile approaches. They learn about the unique challenges of both approaches and actions they can take
to increase the likelihood of project completion and success. Some of the key topic areas to be addressed include:
- Team Development-Stakeholder Collaboration
- Scope Management-Schedule Management
- Risk Management-QualityManagement
- Estimating &Negotiation-Procurement & Project Implementation
- Agile Approaches & Roles-Integration of Agile and Traditional PM
The program provides a foundation for moving toward becoming a PMP (ProjectManagement Professional) and meets the PMI
training hours requirement.
Agile Project Management… 21 training hours over 4 days
This program is oriented toward people in the information technology industry. Students will participate in interactive, team based,
skill practice sessions. You will be taught:
- The Agile Mindset-Seven Agile methodologies
- Four Adaptive Planning Tools -Eight Estimating Techniques
- Ten Prioritization Schemes-Lean Techniques
This program will give you the vocabulary to improve your collaboration, planning,team building and management skills. It will teach
you proven agile projectmanagement techniques.