Thank you for checking out the fifth, and last, of our informational articles designed to help you better understand the PMI-Maine Chapter Board positions that either are are currently open, or will be opening up come the end of the year.
This week we're talking about the Director of Technology. Unlike a lot of the other Board seats, this one is much more "behind-the-scenes." However, by no means is it unimportant! The following information is partial, and taken from PMI-Global's documentation on Chapter Roles and Responsibilities:
ROLE DESCRIPTION: Elected or appointed volunteer responsible for all aspects of chapter technology including acquisition of technology, support/maintenance of technology, data analytics, technology governance and long-range and annual planning of technology in accordance with any current or future PMI procedures and guidelines.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Acquisition of Technology
- Research new technologies and/or features to improve chapter efficiencies and membership experience
- Collaborate with chapter leadership to propose initiatives
- Oversee any initiatives for current or proposed technologies
Support/Maintenance of Technology
- Provide administrative support for chapter technologies
- Coordinate and collaborate with other chapter board members and volunteers where needed
- Create awareness of available data and the value of it
- Provide various analytic reports to chapter leaders
- Maintain inventory of technologies in place, including administrative access information
- Ensure backups and ensure proper archiving occurs within the infrastructure
- Maintain the process and methods for access rights for chapter systems
Long Range and Annual Planning
- Successfully plan, track and deliver all IT-related services employed to benefit the chapter
- Work with other technology team members, chapter board members and volunteers to identify opportunities to
- improve chapter technology and infrastructure
- Identify upcoming technology needs based on chapter plans/activities
- Keep current on technologies being adapted by PMI or other PMI chapters
STRATEGIC AND BUSINESS MANAGEMENT SKILLS
- Contract & Vendor Management
- Data Analysis & Reporting
- Organizational Change Management
- Management Skills
- Skilled in Strategic Planning Process
- Technical Tool Skills
- Decision Making
- Stakeholder Management
This is obviously a good match for those who work in IT, but while a heavy background in IT is certainly very useful and desirable, it is not a prerequisite.
The full description of this Director's position is contained in the PMI-Global Roles and Responsbilities document, as well as descriptions of all the other Board positions; click in the download link below to take a look.
We hope this helps to shed some light on this role. As always, you can email any Board member for help and information on this, or any of the other available positions (President-Elect, Directors of Programs and Membership, and Treasurer).
Thank you, as always!!
Your PMI-Maine Chapter Board