Thank you for checking out the fourth in our series of informational articles designed to help you better understand the PMI-Maine Chapter Board positions that either are are currently open, or will be opening up come the end of the year.
This week we're talking about the Director of Membership. This Board seat, like the Professional Development Director's, is forward-facing and quite important, as it keeps a finger on the pulse of the PMI-Maine Chapter's membership. The following partial information is taken from PMI-Global's documentation on Chapter Roles and Responsibilities:
ROLE DESCRIPTION: Elected or appointed volunteer responsible for addressing the needs of chapter membership, including membership recruitment, retention, and associated value delivery in accordance with chapter policies and bylaws.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Develop and Implement a Chapter Membership Plan
- Ensure continued growth through proactive recruiting, retention and member engagement, including the establishment of measurable goals and the monitoring of success metrics for appropriate action
- Answer general member/non-member information inquiries and other requests for assistance with membership and its benefits
- Support and attend annual general meeting and all chapter meetings as appropriate
Analysis and Reporting of Membership Data
- Maintain the membership records of the chapter
- Coordinate the production and distribution of timely membership reports
- Review and analyze member and lapsed member survey data and enhance membership benefits
- Analyze and integrate survey feedback for inclusion in the strategic/operational planning
Marketing and Member Engagement:
- Develop and implement membership welcome and support plan including the promotion of PMI and chapter membership value
- Utilize membership marketing materials available through the PMI Marketing Portal
- Develop and implement a rewards and recognition program plan to recognize member milestones (such as anniversaries or awards)
Develop and Implement Succession and Transition Plan
STRATEGIC AND BUSINESS MANAGEMENT SKILLS:
- Data Analysis & Reporting
- Marketing Skills
- Proficiency in Market Research/Demographic Research
- Persuasion/Motivation Skills
- Public Speaking/Presentation Skills
- Skilled in Strategic Planning and Process Execution
Average Years of Project Management Experience: 15
Average Years of PMI Volunteer Experience: 6
As one might guess, this position does require somewhat more of a time commitment than some of the other Board positions, but this one offers the chance to mix a few disciplines together in a fascinating blend!
The full description of this Director's position is contained in the PMI-Global Roles and Responsbilities document, as well as descriptions of all the other Board positions; click in the download link below to take a look.
We hope this helps to shed some light on this role. As always, you can email any Board member for help and information on this, or any of the other available positions (President-Elect, Directors of Programs, Technology, and Treasurer).
Thank you, as always!!
Your PMI-Maine Chapter Board