IT Project Management Intern – MEMIC (Summer 2017) Portland, Maine
The IT Project Management intern will gain practical experience with many different aspects of project management and process management within an IT organization. The Intern will assist the Project Management Office and Project Managers with process documentation for specific functions and IT policies. By the end of the internship, the student will have a broad knowledge of IT Project Management functions and will understand the life cycle of projects. The individual will need strong written and oral communications skills in order to document current state processes and help develop updated versions of key project management documents and process documents.
Review existing documentation.
Interview stakeholders to determine updates needed.
Document workflows and processes in Microsoft Word, Visio and PowerPoint.
Pursuing a degree in Technical Writing, Communications or other related major.
- Must have Microsoft Office suite Experience.
- Ability to take initiative on regular duties with supervision.
- Ability to work independently while demonstrating initiative and creativity.
- Should have the ability to complete projects on a timely basis, identify obvious problems and bring them to the attention of their supervisor.
- Must be able to work and succeed in a team-oriented environment.
Excellent customer service skills a must.